Top Tips on Eating Healthy
Keeping a healthy body contributes greatly to living and improved and healthy lifestyle. It can lead to less stress and reduces your risks of getting sick.
Here are some tips to help you form healthier habits:
- Eat a wide range of foods to ensure that you’re getting a balanced diet and that your body is receiving all the nutrients it needs. Do not eliminate some foods that you eat more often, just reduce.
- Base your diet on starchy foods – this includes potatoes, rice, cereals, pasta and bread. These foods contain more fiber that would help you lose weight and help your body to easily flush toxins and other colon wastes.
- Eat more fish – as fish is a good source of protein, vitamins and minerals. Aim for at least 2 portions a week including one portion of oily fish. Oily fish is high in omega 3 which is good for the heart. You can choose from fresh, frozen or canned. But keep in mind that canned and smoked fish can be high in salt.
- Pack a healthy snack – if you snack, choose a healthy option such as fresh fruits, salads, or low calorie yogurt instead of chocolates, crisps or any junk.
- Check the label – be careful about food claims. It's always best to check the label at the back of products you buy to let you know if it's good for you and your family or not. Check the fat and the sugar content on food labels when shopping and preparing food.
- Think about your drinks – choose water or a freshly squeezed fruit shake over a bottle or can of soda. If alcohol has been a part of you, just remember to drink in moderation.
- Eat regularly – skipping meals, especially breakfast will lead to out of control hunger, often resulting in helpless overeating. Snacking between meals can help you hold back hunger, but make sure you don't eat too much as your snacks are part of your total calorie intake.
- Enjoy leafy greens and fruits – most of us do not eat enough of these foods even though we all know that they provide the most important protective nutrients. If you really want to live a healthy life, you have to learn to enjoy eating these.
Remember, eating healthy goes hand in hand with some good exercise, some walking at least. Make sure you d some physical activity to increase your stamina and energy levels. It’s always best to be fit and healthy.