What to do if your Lunchtime Workout gets Derailed!!
You’re pumped for your fave cardio class, but your boss suddenly needs five minutes, which inevitably becomes a half hour and KOs your plan. Instead, do these moves right at your desk, in your regular clothes. Run through the routine below once or twice for a 10- to 20-minute workout.
Targets: Abs and quads
1. Sit near edge of chair and hold armrests or seat for support.
2. Lean back 45 degrees and bring knees to chest.
3. Slowly extend legs diagonally upward; hold for a count of 5.
4. Bring knees back to chest and return feet to floor.
5. Do 15 to 20 reps.
Targets: Upper back, shoulders, biceps, and obliques
1. Sit in chair, holding your purse with both hands near right hip, torso rotated to right.
2. Rotating torso to left, raise arms diagonally upward to hold purse above left shoulder.
3. Return to start to complete 1 rep.
4. Do 12 to 15 reps; switch sides.
Targets: Quads and calves
1. Stand with back against wall, feet hip-width apart about 2 feet from wall.
2. Cross arms in front of chest and relax shoulders.
3. Bend knees until thighs are almost parallel to floor.
4. Hold for 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Make it harder: Press back and upper arms into wall to work core and triceps.
Targets: Triceps, abs, butt, and hamstrings
1. Sit near edge of chair, grasp sides of seat with hands, and straighten legs in front of you, feet together and flat on floor.
2. Straighten arms and lift hips until body forms a line from head to toe.
3. Hold for a count of 3; lower to seat.
4. Do 12 to 15 reps.